WECC Community Support Fund – Guidance Notes
The primary objective of the Community Council is to represent and support the community of Westhill and Elrick. WECC’s primary source of income after production costs is the Westhill Bulletin, and it chooses to invest as much of the annual surplus as it can back into the community by allocating a significant proportion to donations to local voluntary groups
Applications for donations will be considered and awarded three times per annum: in February, May and October. The closing date for the October 2022 round is 7th October
These guidance notes and the the Application form can be downloaded here:
WECCC Community Support Fund Application form
The application form or any queries should be sent to email@example.com
To be eligible, your group must be:
- Based and/or operating in the catchment area of the WECC and/or Westhill Bulletin
- A community group and/or social enterprise, but not a profit making business
- Able to demonstrate that WECC’s funding support will enable delivery of the specific project or enable your group to meet the expense for which request is being made.
Terms of the Award
- In the interests of equity, groups/organisations can receive no more than one donation per fiscal year [April to March]
- All funds awarded must be invested in the catchment area.
- If approved applications exceed funds available, funds will be allocated on a pro-rata basis.
- Applications will be considered and approved at the first full meeting of WECC following the closing date for applications
- Successful applicants will be asked to provide a short report along with photographs, if relevant to WECC on the impact made by the donation. Content may be used for promotional purposes to the mutual benefit of the applicant and WECC.
- For applications coming from outside the footprint of WECC, awards will be made at the discretion of the members and subject to an annual limit of £500
Please note, applicants will be asked to submit a copy of most recent annual accounts to the WECC Treasurer in confidence
Any personal data submitted as part of this process, either by email or through online forms, will be used solely for the purpose stated, will be processed fairly and lawfully, and will not be passed on to third parties without your consent in accordance with the principles of Data Protection legislation.